Saturday, January 7, 2017

New Years Weekend

Over New Year's weekend, I had a new friend, "E", come visit. He flew in on Friday and then flew home on Monday. It was an awesome weekend and we had a fun time. 

On Saturday, we took a drive up Uintah Canyon. There was a ton of snow, so I only stopped for pictures twice. 


When we got home, he was kind enough to do a few things around the house for me. Over Christmas, I mentioned getting a new table and he offered to put it together for me when he came to visit. It went together pretty quickly, but I was grateful to have someone who knew what they were doing or it probably would've taken me twice as long. 

While he was working on the table, he managed to bump his head into my low hanging kitchen light. (Anyone an inch taller than me has had that happen to them.) I mentioned that I had found a replacement at a yard sale, but I didn't know how to change it out. So he did that for me also. He even went above and beyond. After he installed it, he noticed it wasn't an exact match, so he took it down and we swapped it out for one in my spare closet. Now my kitchen light fixtures match and no one will hit their head anymore. He also hung a towel hook in my bathroom for me. I felt pretty spoiled having someone to work on my "honey do" list for me. 
I am in love with my new table. Over the years, I usually didn't have a table because my kitchen had a full size freezer instead. It was fun to cook over the weekend and eat at an actual table. 

On Sunday, after church, I decided to drive up to Flaming Gorge and show him around there. We first stopped at the resort for lunch. 


At the highest elevation there was a bit of snow, but once you started to drop down, there wasn't near as much. 






While we were driving around, he noticed a sign for a river access. I had never been down that road, so we decided to check it out. It took us to the bottom of the dam. 




It was gorgeous down there. 

Then we also stopped at the top of the dam for a quick look. It was pretty cold, so we didn't explore much. 







Dating still feels pretty new to me, but I think I am going to enjoy it. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a fun time getting to know each other and had some fun adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete