Thursday, September 7, 2017

Ninjago Cake

This year, Daxsen wants the Ninjago toys for his birthday, and a cake to match. He picked out a pretty elaborate, 2 tiered cake, but I decided to simplify it down a bit. 

He did notice that it wasn't the large one he wanted, but I explained the cake he picked out was enough to feed 100 people, but I just did the top tier because we were only feeding a few family members. He then took the toys off the cake and ran off to play, so I guess it was okay. 

I thought about shoving the swords between the cake layers, but I figured if I messed it up somehow, it would be hard to repair. So we just used icing and toothpicks to set them on the back. 

Its always a pleasure to make the nephews birthday cakes. Definitely one of my favorite things to do as an aunt. 

1 comment: