Monday, April 17, 2017

Easter 2017

A few months ago, one of my friends had a Pampered Chef Catalog party. When I saw they had a slow cooker for one of my pots, I decided it would make the perfect Easter basket. It was so hard to wait until Easter to open it. But by starting to buy my Easter stuff early, I was able to spoil myself pretty well. 

The slow cooker full of Norwex and Posh goodies. 

I also got a basket with new books from my favorite author, Marica Lynn McClure, and some of my favorite candies. I don't know what it is, but I swear candy taste so much better when its shaped like an egg. 

I also saw this wine chiller in the Pampered Chef catalog and decided to get it also. 

This holiday was kind of hard for me. I have really been missing my in-laws lately and knowing I'd be missing out on my mother in-law and grandma's cooking made it even harder. My family has a trip next weekend, so I figured I'd just end up home alone on Easter. After I had a good cry about it, I decided that I am of great worth and I would just have my own Easter dinner. It would be the perfect opportunity to try out my new slow cooker. I decided I would cook a ham, 7-Up Biscuits, Twice Baked Cauliflower and a new pie recipe I found, Lemon Chess Cheesecake Pie

I decided to make the pie on Saturday so I wouldn't have to stress about it on Easter. As I was pulling it out of the oven, Jeremy called and invited me to eat with his family. It took some talking, but I finally agreed, as long as I could bring the pie I had just made. 

It ended up being just us and his parents, but it was fun. I also took the Twice Baked Cauliflower. My food was a hit and that made my day. The ham is in the freezer and I'll try it in the slow cooker another day. 

Nine months and counting since I started living on my own. Some days it is hard, but I know I can do this. 

1 comment: