Monday, May 29, 2017

Rock Creek

On Friday, Vince and I drove up to Rock Creek. We started with a picnic, and then headed up the trail. I wasn't sure if the snow had cleared off the trail, but I did want to see how close the water was to spilling over the damn. 

It looks like the water still has a ways to go before it gets that high. The trail was clear, but you can still see quite a bit of snow higher up that still needs to melt. Hopefully it will spill over on a weekend so we can go back up again. 



We hiked on the trial for a while, until we could find a path down to the lake. After that, we followed the water for a few miles, before we found a way back up to the trail. Of course, we all remember that I got lost last fall, so I'm glad I had someone with me this time. I probably wouldn't have gone so far, and defiantly not left the trail if I had been alone.






It was nice to have someone else with me to take my picture, even if he did make fun of my selfie taking skills. 


Vince is a goofball and had me laughing pretty much the entire time. 






I was shocked when we reached the wilderness boundary sign. I haven't ever gone up the trail that far.


When we got back to the car, we decided to drive up to the other side of the damn and and walk down the boat ramp. While we were there, Vince spotted a few mountain goats above us. The one even walked around a bit so we stayed there for a while and watched them. 



It was so nice to get out and go to the mountains. I always feel like life is so much better up there. 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard about him! We need to catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete